Galvanized 3,500lbs 2 x 2 Straight Trailer Axle for Boat Trailers with Hub Face 89" and Under
- Minimum Build Time of 2-4 Weeks- Special Order Custom Build- No Cancellations or Refunds
- Calculated at Checkout
Galvanized 3,500lbs 2 x 2 Straight Trailer Axle for Boat Trailers with Hub Face 89" and under
This custom galvanized boat trailer axle is manufactured to the customer's track and spring center measurements. Hot dip galvanized trailer axles provide maximum corrosion resistance in saltwater application and can last years. . There must be a minimum difference of 11" between the track and the spring center measurements in order for this axle to be built.
Hub Face Measurements can range from 49-1/2" to 89" for this axle
In order for an axle order to be placed Champion Trailers will need to know the track and spring center measurement. Make sure to take a look below to see how to measure and how to pick out your new trailer axle.
Interested in how the spindle lube spindle works? Look below to see how the spindle lube trailer spindle greases your trailer bearings without ever having to take your trailer hub of the axle.
Please note that axles that have Hub to Hub measurement over 89" will have an increased cost due to the Oversize shipping rules from FedEx and UPS. The additional costs shown for the axle includes the OS3 fee.
**THIS IS A NON-REFUNDABLE ITEM**
Trailer Axle Specifications:
- 1/4'' x 2'' x 2'' Hot Dip Galvanized Box Tube
- 1-3/8'' x 1-1/16'' Spindle Lube Spindles with 4 hole brake flange
- Welded Spring Pads
- Does Not include hubs
- Does Not include dust cap
Trailer Axle Includes:
1 - Axle
2 - 1" Castle Nuts and Washers
2 - Cotter Pins
HOW TO MEASURE A TRAILER AXLE
MEASUREMENT # 1 = AXLE TRACK
MEASUREMENT # 2 = SPRING CENTER
How to Order an Axle
- Select your axle part number from the axle charts. Be sure to identify axle over or axle under springs when you select your part number. You want an axle that is similar to the one currently under the trailer to avoid any problems with clearance.
- We need your axle track measurement. This measurement is taken from the face of one hub to the face of the other hub. DO NOT measure from the back of the hub or brake flange as this will provide an incorrect track measurement.
MEASURE HUB FACE TO HUB FACE ONLY.
- The only other measurement needed is the spring center. This measurement is from the center of one spring to the center of the opposite spring. This is a very important measurement as this is where your springs will sit on the axle.
- (Quick Tip) An easy way to measure your spring center is to hook a tape on the outside of one spring and measure to the inside of the opposite spring. This will give you an accurate measurement.
How does the Spindle Lube Spindle Work?
This trailer axle features the Spindle-lube ® hub lubrication system which allows you to grease the trailer hubs without removing them from the axle. Unlike a bearing 'buddy', which only pumps grease into the front of the trailer hub and can often be over-pumped and blow the grease seal, Spindle-lube trailer axles pump the grease to the back of the trailer hub by a hole bored through the length of the trialer spindle where it enters the hub just before the rear seal. The grease then moves forward filling the trailer hub and trailer bearings completely. When re-packing hubs with these trailer axles, the old grease will come out of the front of the hubs, around the tip of the grease gun. The grease should continue to be pumped until new grease comes out of the front of the hub. Then just replace the rubber plug into the dust cap and you are ready to go!!
1 3/8'' x 1 1/16''
68149 / 44649
1/4'' x 2'' x 2''
I'm not sure where else I'd find a custom configured axle that is made exactly to my trailer needs/specs and certainly not at a reasonable price like here. My last axle was not galvanized, this one is perfect and I upgraded from 2000 to 3500 with new hubs, so this should be the last one I ever need, hopefully.
Excellent product; mounted easily and fits perfect. Stronger than stock trailer axle. Delivery was as prompt as may be anticipated.
Great product, had both axles, hubs and guide post installed in about 2-1/2 hours and was off to the islands. Thanks a million for all your help!